Werfault.exe is a Microsoft Windows program that is used for automated reporting of problems in the Windows operating system. Many times computer users will become confused and think that Werfault is a form of spyware or malware and attempt to delete the program. However, when Werfault.exe is deleted, it can cause significant errors with the operation of the Windows operating system on your computer. To minimize the number of times that Werfault.exe is run on your computer when programs crash, you can disable problem reporting in Windows to stop Werfault.exe from running.
1. Click the Windows “Start” menu and select “Control Panel.”
2. Choose the “System and Security,” select “Action Center” and choose the “Change Action Center Settings” link in the left navigation pane.
3. Click the “Problem Reporting Settings” link.
4. Click “Never Check for Solutions.”
5. Click “OK.” Werfault.exe will now only run on your computer in the event of a catastrophic application problem.